Creating and sharing really great content is central to Weirdly’s marketing strategy. We’ve got a reputation for content that adds actual value to our market, isn’t afraid to take a clear position and brings the generally-positive-sometimes-funny Weirdly brand to life.
We’re looking for a full time person to join our crew immediately and head up the production of more content like that.
That includes blog and article style writing, “mega content” pieces like guides, whitepapers and interactive resources, videos and case studies – basically, if it has words on or in it and it’s shareable on social media, you’re going to be involved somehow.
You’ll be working alongside (and reporting to) our co-founder/VP of marketing to expand on the existing marketing and brand strategy, then executing it with content that’ll drive leads and strengthen Weirdly’s brand in Australia. You’ll also work with an external PR agency and a designer in the Marketing team.
Your KPIs will be linked to the volume and quality of your content, and tied to leads it generates. We’ll set these KPI’s together though, so you can make sure the expectations we set are fair.
We’re a partly-remote team. Ideally, you’ll be based in Sydney and keen to come into the office for face-to-face working at least three days per week. There’ll be snacks and friendly faces, as well as strategic chats keeping you up to date with product and business movements.
Key duties and responsibilities could include:
- Content strategy and execution: Work with the marketing head to plan, create and post content that aligns to an agreed marketing strategy.
- Distribution and managing SEO content quality: Managing the posting and/or sharing of content according to the agreed content strategy using tools like WordPress and Buffer. Includes basic search optimisation of posts (metadata, alt-tags, closed captions where appropriate etc).
- Reporting and ROI: Help establish benchmarks, monitor and report on all created content including setting up required tags. Be able to draw conclusions and give recommendations on appropriate strategy based on the data collected.
- Outbound content: Use templates and creative resources to create campaign material for email, landing pages and social ads.
- Market knowledge: Keep up to date with market knowledge to produce relevant and engaging content. This includes industry trend reports, competitors, target audience behavioural trends, deep-dives on key sales prospects etc.
- Content effectiveness: Develop strong cross-functional relationships with sales to gauge and track lead quality and lead flow from key content pieces.
- Partner marketing: Work closely with marketing head to develop content (official and unofficial) to enhance relationships with partner software.
Essential qualifications and experience:
Note: We’re interested in your potential, so as long as you can hit 75% of these requirements, we want to hear from you!
- Strong strategic communications skills – able to concept a compelling angle based on sales and customer insights, then produce communications that build customer engagement.
- 5+ years of marketing experience with hands-on management of digital.
- 2+ years of written content creation experience (this could be writing on your own blog, running corporate social media accounts – feel free to think laterally!)
- Experienced in marketing to OR recruitment/HR within enterprise organisations.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of recruiting/HR industries specifically in Australia (with bonus points for knowledge of UK or US markets).
- Strong customer orientation and curiosity – the ability to engage with customers.
- Experience using marketing technologies and reporting/ROI tools (eg. Salesforce, ActiveCampaign/Pardot, Buffer, Google Analytics, Intercom, Mailgun, Segment). Especially campaign management and dashboard building.
- Proven experience building relationships with sales teams and supporting programs to drive awareness and sales.
- Demonstrable ability to measure and report the performance of marketing campaigns and assess against marketing KPIs.
- Demonstrated excellence with project management and time management.
- Can demonstrate a high level of adaptability in a fast-paced environment, resilience and self awareness.