Great design is woven into our business DNA – and that’s not just a line we spout off to attract hipsters. Two of our founders ran a service design agency before Weirdly, one of them still does all our UX/UI design and the other one heads up our brand strategy and marketing work.
We’re looking for a full time person to join our crew immediately and head up the production of more content like that.
We’re a lean team that’s growing fast. That means in some cases projects will be really clearly defined, copy completed and you’ll be sweeping in to execute or polish the design. In other cases, we’ll working from scratch – putting our design, marketing and sales heads together to come up with solutions. That means you’ll be working closely with people from different parts of our business, helping to interpret and execute on design, marketing and sales projects.
You’ll be reporting to our co-founder/Head of Design and working closely alongside our Marketing and Sales crew to execute on Weirdly’s Marketing strategy. On a daily basis, your work will help further develop the Weirdly brand, build our marketing content and generate and convert sales leads.
Your KPI’s will be linked to marketing and design projects, with heaps of input from you to make sure the expectations we set are fair.
We’re a partly-remote team. Ideally, you’ll be based in NZ and keen to come into the office for face-to-face working at least three days per week. There’ll be snacks and friendly faces, as well as strategic chats keeping you up to date with product and business movements.
Key duties and Responsibilities could include:
- Sales and Marketing collateral: Work with the marketing, sales and design heads to create collateral for use at events, sales meetings and investment meetings.
- Website design maintenance: Oversee and assist with landing page creation (applying existing templates and design language using WebFlow)
- Event execution: Assist with execution of event, conference and expo ideas. This includes stand design, creating graphics, liasing with printers and installers.
- Video: Assisting the marketing team with video creation including creating intro and outro frames, supers and graphics.
- Customer onboarding/success design: Working with marketing, customer success and product teams to create useful screencasts, screenshots, mockups and other graphics.
- Content marketing support: Working closely with our content marketing manager to design blog graphics, pdf download layouts and other imagery where required. These may be based on existing templates and brand ID standards, or you may be working with our head of design to establish new templates and guidelines.
Essential qualifications and experience:
Note: We’re interested in your potential, so as long as you can hit 80% of these requirements, we want to hear from you!
- 3+ years of design experience – either print or brand design.
- 2+ years of digital design experience (this could have been gathered at the same time at your other design experience or separate) – specifically, with UI/UX projects.
- Very comfortable using Sketch and Adobe design programmes
- Strong customer orientation and curiosity – the ability to engage with customers.
- Great communications skills – able to articulate a concept, and sell it to clients or internal stakeholders.
- Proven experience building and managing relationships between multiple stakeholders – juggling the needs of brand integrity against short-term sales requirements for example.
- Demonstrated excellence with project management and time management.
- Can demonstrate a high level of adaptability in a fast-paced environment, resilience and self awareness.